How long do you really take to get ready?
It’s true, women are all beautiful in their own way – but that doesn’t stop us piling on the slap when we’re heading out for a night with the girls. We want to look our best, don’t we?
But exactly how much of our time is spent on getting gorgeous?
In honour of the Stop&Pink Campaign running in conjunction with the Cancer Council’s Pink Ribbon drive, we thought we’d get down to the nitty gritty - and discover where all that grooming time actually goes.
Did you know? The average NSW woman spends a little over two hours getting ready for a night out on the town. Whoah! It kind of kicks the idea of being effortlessly gorgeous to the kerb, doesn’t it?
So where does this time go?
- • 20 minutes planning the night - texting girlfriends to see who’s coming and deciding where to go
- • 19 minutes choosing the right outfit - ‘You mean this old thing?’
- • 19 minutes washing & styling hair - for the perfect ‘effortless’ style, of course!
- • 15 minutes showering or soaking in the tub
- • 12 minutes applying the perfect flawless make-up
- • 11 minutes removing any unsightly hair, ensuring we are super smooth
- • 10 minutes checking our appearance (plus one last glance on the way out)
- • 9 minutes painting nails – unless of course we ruin one and have to start again!
- • 9 minutes ironing
So what does this have to do with pink ribbon? With 90 per cent of us agreeing that the most important thing about a girls’ night is the girls, Cancer Council NSW is encouraging us to spend our time more wisely this October and Stop&Pink. Stop&Pink is a great excuse to get the girls together and take time out to focus on the important stuff – our own health and the health of our family, friends and loved ones.
Did you know? One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime. This year in NSW alone, 4,220 will be diagnosed with breast cancer – a compelling reason to Stop&Pink, don’t you think?
Research statistics provided by Lonergan Research
It's our 5th birthday this week and to celebrate we're giving YOU the chance to win some awesome beauty prizes – hooray! You are lucky ducks, aren’t you?!
Speaking of protection, with summer just around the corner, it pays to shield yourself from the damaging effects of the sun, too! For your chance to win one of five SPF 30+ Cancer Council Body Lotions, simply answer the question below.
Competition ends: midnight 23rd October 2012
NSW Permit Number: LTPM/11/00694 / Class: Type C
ACT Permit Number: ACT TP 11/03451
How long does it take you to get ready for a big night out? Do you think health awareness between your family and friends is a priority for you? Could it be more so?
|Get brighter skin in just 30 seconds…||The body comment that REALLY riled Christina||How to find your perfect foundation shade||How NOT to wear your hair to your formal|