How-to: fake tan your face
Being the good students you are, we’re fairly certain that, by now, you’ve learnt how to fake tan your body like a pro.
Well, now it’s time to conquer your face (we wouldn’t want you strutting around with a bronzed body and mismatching face!). We know it sounds scary, but St. Tropez Skin Finishing Ambassador, Sarah Tammer, has some super-simple tips on how to create the perfect, streak-free fake tan on your face…
1) Gently exfoliate your skin to get rid of any dead skin cells.
2) Put some moisturiser on your hairline and brows, especially if you have blonde hair, to keep your hair protected from the fake tan.
3) Find an area that’s well lit to apply your fake tan – you’ll want to see exactly where you’re applying it.
4) Apply the fake tan to your face in small amounts, as if you’re applying moisturiser.
5) Blend the fake tan evenly, making sure to avoid the eye area.
6) Once you’re done, immediately wash your hands.
Pretty easy, right?
And now that you’ve got the technique covered, here are some fab fake tans for your face – so that you can get your face just as summer-ready as your body!
St. Tropez Naturals Radiance Self Tan for Face – the naturally-derived, hydrating self-tan will give your skin colour and luminosity without making you look like an oompa loompa.
Le Tan Instant Face Tan – streaks are a thing of the past with this facial tanner. Plus, lycopene in the formula will protect your skin from ageing. Double win!
Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess Self-Tanning Lotion for Face – a creamy lotion that takes care of your skin while turning it a beautifully bronze shade.
Have you ever fake tanned your face?