The best songs to wake you in the morning
If you’re anything like me, the familiar ‘bleep bleep’ of your phone alarm isn’t exactly inspiring to wake up to.
Lately, I seem to hit snooze almost every morning. *Yawn*
The good news? Spotify’s data experts – with the help of a music psychologist – have an effective (and much more exciting) alternative.
According to the experts, these tracks are our best bet for a rousing wake-up alarm:
- Coldplay – Viva La Vida
- St. Lucia – Elevate
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis – Downtown
- Bill Withers – Lovely Day
- Avicii – Wake Me Up
- Pentatonix – Can’t Sleep Love
- Demi Lovato – Confident
- Arcade Fire – Wake Up
- Hailee Steinfeld – Love Myself
- Sam Smith – Money On My Mind
- Esperanza Spalding – I Can’t Help It
- John Newman – Come and Get It
- Felix Jaehn – Ain’t Nobody (Loves Me Better)
- Mark Ronson – Feel Right
- Clean Bandit – Rather Be
- Katrina & The Waves – Walking on Sunshine
- Imagine Dragons – On Top of the World
- MisterWives – Reflections
- Carly Rae Jepsen – Warm Blood
- iLoveMemphis – Hit The Quan
Wondering whether the 20 tunes actually have anything in common?
Well, according to the Spotify data team and music psychologist David M. Greenberg, these are the magic ingredients:
- Music that builds gradually (and isn’t too vigorous from the start)
- Positive lyrics to motivate you
- A strong beat in the 100-130 BPM range
Interesting. I may need to tweak the set list slightly with some Taylor Swift – but it’s otherwise sounding pretty fabulous.
In fact, I’m revving to go just thinking about tomorrow morning’s wake-up jam!
Do you listen to music in the morning? Would you consider adding these songs to your playlist?