How-to: make a soothing foot soak
If your feet are in need of a little TLC, we have the perfect foot treatment for you. A soothing foot bath recipe you can use for washing feet, calming aches and pain and reducing swelling – once you try it, you’ll wonder what you ever did without this nifty all-purpose foot treatment.
Soothing DIY foot soak recipe
What you’ll need:
1 cup of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of honey
3 tablespoons of olive oil
¼ cup of full cream milk
Your bathtub or a large, deep container wide enough to fit your feet
1. In a glass bowl, combine all ingredients and blend well.
2. Fill your bathtub (or container) up to halfway with warm water.
3. Pour your soothing foot treatment mixture into the water slowly and give a light swirl with your hand.
4. Lower your feet in and leave to soak for 20 minutes
5. Rinse off and pat feet dry.
The lemon juice in this recipe breaks down any dirt on your feet so it’s perfect as an everyday feet washing treatment, particularly if you suffer from sweaty feet or foot odour. The honey and olive oil are fantastic foot treatment ingredients as they both work to penetrate the skin deeply and nourish, aiding repair - whilst the addition of soothing milk makes this recipe ideal as a softening foot bath. This recipe is perfect for everyday use.