How to: pastel newspaper nails
We know that there isn’t a nail art trend you wouldn’t be willing to try, but when we came across newspaper nails, we had no doubt this was a nail art trend you’d be falling all over yourselves to recreate.
You will need:
- A base coat.
- A top coat.
- A pastel nail polish of your choice. Remember: the lighter the shade of the pastel polish, the more the newspaper ink will show.
- Some rubbing alcohol (available from supermarkets. Isocol is a popular brand).
- Newspaper strips.
1. First paint you nails with a base coat.
2. Once the base coat is dry, paint your nails with two coats of your pastel nail polish.
3. Wait until your nails are completely dry.
4. Take a sheet of newspaper and cut out 10 small squares. Make sure each square is big enough to cover your nail and it has enough newspaper print on it.
5. Pour some rubbing alcohol into a cup.
6. Dip your finger into the rubbing alcohol and leave it there for 5-10 seconds.
7. Take your finger out of the rubbing alcohol and firmly press one of your newspaper squares onto your nail. Hold it in place for a few seconds.
8. Repeat the process for the rest of your nails.
9. Once all of your nails have newspaper print on them, apply a topcoat over all of your nails.
10. …and VIOLA!
Would you try pastel newspaper nails?
Get all the latest trends, photos and news from bh: follow us on...